What is Bengkung Belly Binding?
Bengkung belly binding is the art of wrapping a postpartum women's belly for physical support and to help hasten the recovery process after childbirth. This belly binding method consists into wrapping a 15 yard long strip of cloth around the abdomen from the hips up to the rib cage.
Women are traditionally wrapped as soon after birth as possible, ideally on day 2-5 and
The Bengkung belly binding technique is rooted in Malaysian culture however various countries and cultures around the world use some form of belly binding to help support the postpartum healing process.
It's recommended to wear a belly bind on the postpartum period for 6-10 hours per day for up to 30 days.
Bengkung Belly Binding is a traditional belly-wrapping method that relieves the strain from physical changes that occur with vertical abdominal muscles and organs during pregnancy and delivery. With Bengkung, the added support of this warm wrap provides comfort and aids in recovery time, including for the intensive healing required after c-section. Bengkung Binding is a great way to provide the support your tired muscles need during the postpartum period.
Other benefits of Bengkung belly binding include:
- Assists in abdominal wall retraction (diastasis recti)
- Supports the womb after birth
- Protect the internal organs as well as help swollen organs return to their pre-baby state
- Improves circulation in the abdominal and pelvic area
- Tighten the abdomen and other parts of the body that have weakened or lost their muscle tone
- Relieves water retention by boosting the lymphatic system
- Supports the spine and posture realignment (that truly helps with breastfeeding)
- Supports the pelvic floor
- Relieves back pain